Poland's first large-scale dedicated K-pop festival collapsed three days before doors opened, after five of its booked acts walked away inside a single day. What was promoted as a landmark weekend in Chorzów ended as one of the most visible European K-pop promoter failures on record.
What happened to SOUND IN COLORS × K-POP EXPOSÉ?
SOUND IN COLORS × K-POP EXPOSÉ was cancelled on August 12, 2026, after five booked acts — ATEEZ, iKON, STAYC, MADEIN and The Wind — each announced withdrawal within roughly 24 hours across August 11–12 over a contractual dispute with the promoter . Warsaw-registered Tower Group Communications sp. z o.o. called off the entire event three days before its scheduled August 15–16 dates.source
Quick Answer: Poland's SOUND IN COLORS × K-POP EXPOSÉ festival was cancelled on August 12, 2026, three days before its August 15–16 dates in Chorzów, after ATEEZ, iKON, STAYC, MADEIN and The Wind withdrew within about 24 hours, citing unmet contractual obligations by promoter Tower Group Communications.
The festival was set for Pola Marsowe (the Mars Fields) inside TAURON Park Śląski in Chorzów, in the Katowice metropolitan area of Silesia, and was billed as the largest dedicated K-pop event ever staged in Poland .
The official lineup announcement, dated June 25, 2026, named six groups: ATEEZ as headliner, plus iKON, STAYC, AtHeart, MADEIN and The Wind. SM Entertainment soloists were added afterwards — EXO's Suho billed for August 15 only and SHINee's Taemin for August 16 only — with the commerce page describing the bill as "two days, seven concerts" .
Taemin, Suho and AtHeart had not issued withdrawal notices when the event was called off; the cancellation moots their appearances regardless. As of the cancellation, no rescheduled date, replacement venue or successor edition had been announced .
Why did ATEEZ, iKON, STAYC, MADEIN and The Wind pull out?
The five acts withdrew because their agencies said the Polish organizer had not met the contractual and operational conditions required to stage the shows. Across roughly 24 hours on August 11–12, 2026 , ATEEZ, iKON, STAYC, MADEIN and The Wind each published near-identically worded notices stating the organizer "has not fulfilled their contractual obligations and other essential requirements necessary for the performance to proceed," and that it had become "difficult for the scheduled performance to proceed as planned" .source
KQ Entertainment's notice was the most visible of the five. Titled "Notice Regarding the Cancellation of ATEEZ's Appearance at 'SOUND IN COLORS × K-POP EXPOSÉ'," it was posted to ATEEZ's official platform and carried by the group's official X account in the early hours of August 12 KST . Because ATEEZ was billed as the headliner, its exit removed the festival's primary draw and was followed within hours by the remaining four.source
Korean entertainment outlet TV Report reported the specifics behind the shared phrasing: outstanding balance payments owed to the artists had not been settled, and flights and local accommodation were still unconfirmed with fewer than four days left before doors on August 15 . With those items open, agencies said they could not verify that their contracts would be honored.
The organizer "has not fulfilled their contractual obligations and other essential requirements necessary for the performance to proceed" — KQ Entertainment, official notice on ATEEZ's platform (source: KQ Entertainment / ATEEZ)
Several of the agencies framed the decision in safety terms rather than purely commercial ones, pointing to the preparation and operating conditions needed to run the performances safely . That framing matters: an unconfirmed flight and hotel four days out is not only a payment dispute but a logistics failure that touches crew movement, load-in and rehearsal time on site.
Two SM Entertainment soloists and one further act sat outside the withdrawal wave. Suho, billed for August 15, Taemin, billed for August 16, and AtHeart had not issued their own notices when the organizer called off the festival . Their silence should not be read as an endorsement of the organizer's position — the cancellation simply removed the question before they answered it publicly.
The promoter's response and the venue's counter-account
Tower Group Communications sp. z o.o., the Warsaw-registered promoter of record, first responded to the withdrawals by describing the situation as unresolved rather than broken. Its initial public statement, issued while acts were still dropping out, said only that it was "in the final stages of discussions" over contractual arrangements and artist participation, and warned that the announced lineup and performance schedule "may be subject to change" . It did not address the agencies' specific allegations about unpaid balances or unconfirmed flights and accommodation. Within hours the company reversed course and cancelled the festival outright, saying the decision followed "careful analysis of the entire situation, including actions taken on the Korean side," and that with key artists withdrawn, staging the event "at the assumed scale, formula and production level became impossible" .
The venue told a different story. Park Śląski spokesperson Aneta Miler said publicly that the organizers had met their obligations toward the venue and that stage build-out on the Mars Fields had already begun .
"The organizers fulfilled their obligations toward the venue, and construction work on the Mars Fields had already started," — Aneta Miler, spokesperson for Park Śląski (source: Euronews Polska).
That account concerns venue rental, not the artist fees, flights and hotels the agencies raised, so the two positions are not strictly contradictory — a promoter can pay a park and still miss an artist balance. It does complicate a simple insolvency reading, and it has become the main hook for Polish coverage of the collapse .
Fans flagged two further inconsistencies: the festival's own site kept the original lineup live with no cancellation notice after the withdrawals were public, and VIP-zone arrangements had reportedly been altered shortly before the collapse — prompting comparisons to the 2023 FEST Festival collapse in the same Silesian region . Live checks on August 13 confirmed the stale pages:
- soundincolors.com/news still carried 21 artist-update posts with no cancellation, withdrawal, refund or revised-lineup item .
- mykpop.pl still listed the full bill and all five ticket tiers, from Blue Zone at PLN 286.20 to VIP at PLN 1,659.96 .
- Abilet still showed all six groups alphabetically, with ticket sales marked as ended .
As of August 13, the organizer has not responded point by point to the agencies' breach claims, named a rescheduled date, or identified a replacement venue .
How to get a refund, by ticket channel

Refunds are handled separately by each seller, and only eBilet buyers get their money back without doing anything. Tickets purchased through eBilet.pl are returned automatically to the original payment method, with the vendor stating the process usually takes up to 3 business days and no more than 14 days . Buyers who ordered through the festival's own mykpop channel must go through the organizer directly, using zwroty@kpopex.com as the designated contact address .
| Purchase channel | Refund route | Buyer action required | Stated timeline |
|---|---|---|---|
| eBilet.pl | Automatic return to original payment method | None | Usually up to 3 business days; no more than 14 days |
| mykpop.pl (organizer-direct) | Handled by Tower Group Communications sp. z o.o. | Contact zwroty@kpopex.com | Not specified |
| Abilet | Not separately detailed as of August 13 | Unclear — monitor the platform | Not specified |
| Flights, hotels, independent travel | No compensation offered | Claim via airline, hotel or insurance policy | Not applicable |
The eBilet event page carries a cancellation notice attributing the cancellation to circumstances beyond the organizer's control, which is the basis for its automatic return of funds . The organizer said guidance for the remaining sales channels would follow, but as of August 13 no separate refund routing had been published for Abilet, where the platform showed ticket sales as ended while still listing the announced groups .
Ticket price is only part of the exposure. Buyers who paid PLN 1,659.96 for VIP or PLN 678.87 for Golden Zone are recovering the face value, but nothing beyond it: no compensation has been offered for flights, hotels or other travel booked independently to reach Chorzów, and Polish outlets noted that the initial cancellation notice arrived with no support plan for affected fans . Fans traveling from elsewhere in Europe are left to pursue airline, hotel or travel-insurance channels on their own . Fan-project organizers who prepaid for banners, freebies or venue-adjacent bookings fall into the same uncovered category.
Why it matters for K-pop touring in Europe
The collapse of SOUND IN COLORS × K-POP EXPOSÉ is the most visible failure yet of a European K-pop promoter, and it lands on a market that had been treated as a growth story. The event was positioned as Poland's first standalone large-scale K-pop festival and a proof point for Central and Eastern Europe as a touring destination, with a six-group bill announced on June 25, 2026 and SM Entertainment soloists added later . Instead, it became a case study in what happens when balance payments, flights and accommodation are still unconfirmed with fewer than four days to go .
The practical consequence is contractual. An unresolved fee-and-logistics dispute of this profile pushes Korean agencies toward stricter terms with first-time European organizers: larger up-front deposits, balance payments held in escrow, and travel and hotel bookings confirmed in writing before an artist is publicly billed. None of those safeguards are new to touring, but this cancellation gives agencies a concrete precedent to point at when negotiating.
There were also signs that agency-side confidence was thin before the withdrawals went public. ATEEZ's Japanese official calendar for August 2026 listed other activity but carried no Poland entry for August 15–16 , and STAYC's Weverse notices placed the group in Seoul for its "STAY CLOSER" fan-concert tour on August 22–23, one week after the festival .
The concrete takeaway for fans: until a European promoter's event is confirmed on the artist's own agency channel — not only on a ticketing page — treat flights and hotels as the risk you are carrying yourself. As of the cancellation, no rescheduled date, replacement venue or successor edition had been announced .
Frequently asked questions
Is SOUND IN COLORS × K-POP EXPOSÉ officially cancelled?
Yes. Promoter Tower Group Communications sp. z o.o. cancelled the festival on August 12, 2026, three days before doors, after five booked acts withdrew . The event was scheduled for August 15–16, 2026 at Pola Marsowe inside TAURON Park Śląski in Chorzów . The cancellation notice said staging the event "at the assumed scale, formula and production level became impossible" once key artists were gone .
Which K-pop acts withdrew from the festival?
Five acts withdrew across August 11–12, 2026: ATEEZ, iKON, STAYC, MADEIN and The Wind . KQ Entertainment posted a formal notice on ATEEZ's official platform, and the group's X account carried it in the early hours of August 12 KST . SHINee's Taemin, EXO's Suho and AtHeart had not issued individual withdrawal notices when the festival was called off; the cancellation ended their scheduled appearances regardless .
Why did the agencies pull their artists?
The five agency statements were closely aligned: the organizer "has not fulfilled their contractual obligations and other essential requirements necessary for the performance to proceed," making it "difficult for the scheduled performance to proceed as planned" . Korean entertainment outlet TV Report reported the specifics: outstanding balance payments owed to the artists had not been settled, and flights and local accommodation were still unconfirmed with fewer than four days remaining, leaving agencies unable to verify their contracts would be honored . Several agencies framed the decision as protecting artist safety and the conditions needed to run the shows safely .
How do I get a refund for my ticket?
Refunds are split by sales channel. Tickets bought via eBilet.pl are refunded automatically to the original payment method with no buyer action required; the vendor states the process usually takes up to 3 business days and no more than 14 days . Tickets bought through the festival's own mykpop channel are refunded directly by the organizer, with zwroty@kpopex.com designated as the only effective contact address for those claims . Routing for remaining channels, including Abilet, was still undetailed as of August 13, and no compensation has been offered for independently booked flights, trains or hotels .
Will the festival be rescheduled?
No. As of the cancellation, no rescheduled date, replacement venue or successor edition had been announced . A quick relaunch also faces an unresolved factual dispute: Park Śląski spokesperson Aneta Miler said the organizers had met their obligations toward the venue and that build-out on the Mars Fields had already begun, which sits awkwardly beside the agencies' claims about unpaid artist balances and unconfirmed travel . Fans should treat any future edition as unconfirmed until agencies post it on their own official channels.
Official Sources
Enjoyed this article? Subscribe to get new stories by email whenever they're published.
This article was written using information collected and analyzed by NAMANE's in-house K-pop research AI engine. We use AI technology to bring you faster, broader coverage, and in the process some details may occasionally differ from the latest facts. For important information such as dates, venues, and prices, please double-check with official sources.